Government Affairs Law


Land use refers to what is built and where in the community. Such decisions are made in incorporated areas by the city and the county in unincorporated areas. City and county land use agencies have long-term master plans and permitted uses to guide the building decisions made by the agency staff and planning commissions, city councils or other agencies may also have input in land use decisions. Our firm has experience working with the various municipalities for both the City of Las Vegas, the County of Clark, the City of Henderson, the City of North Las Vegas and the City of Boulder City.


The State of Nevada requires a license from the Nevada State Contractors Board to work with as a contractor. Licenses from other states are not recognized in Nevada. Along with the Nevada State Contractors Board contractor’s laws there are also workers compensation laws, trade restrictions and other construction laws. Contractors from outside the state that obtain a Nevada license must also meet the registration requirements for foreign companies to perform work in Nevada and must register with the Secretary of State.